Pages

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Easy Button


Could somebody please hand me an easy button??? I ordered one on amazon.com but they are out of stock and don't know when they will be able to get another one......... Very funny you might say, but lately most of my attempts to make positive changes in my life have failed, it seems I've been using the let's make things harder button. I've been told that I live my life waiting for the other shoe to drop, but how else am I supposed to live? THE OTHER SHOE ALWAYS DROPS, that's why I put out an APB for the easy button!


Sadly, when God allows (or causes???) disappointment to enter my life, it's automatic for me to begin looking at others and comparing their lives to mine, which is a VERY slippery slope. Every one has SOMETHING difficult - a painful cross to bear - it's just that when they have things I want, things for which I have faithfully petitioned and fruitlessly hoped, it's easy to overlook the magnitude of their difficulties. It's hard to see the depth of their pain through the lens of my own. (it's SO embarrassing to admit how self-absorbed I am!)


To be sure, the disappointments in my life are not devastating. Much worse things happen to people the world over on a daily basis. And I don't have answers to my endless questions about why God allows the things he allows - I don't have a clue why he operates so mysteriously. But I am fairly certain that if he made me privy to all of his reasoning it would confuse the *!@* out of me! So, even though lately I've been deeply disappointed about some things in my life, I'm going to choose to believe that God is still good and that he is not out to get me..... I'm going to choose to rest in his love instead of my fear. I'm going to choose to believe that he is trustworthy. I guess what I'm saying is that I'm going to press the trust and obey button. But I'm still keeping my eye out for an easy button.....