Pages

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Diary of a Staycation~Days 3 & 4

Day 3~Woke up with a headache but I refused to believe it was a hangover! I skipped church and fell asleep again before rousing myself to get ready for a luncheon at the Mesicks' beautiful home. The food was superb and the company was great. Made some new friends (I hope!) and enjoyed good fellowship and conversation before heading off to run some errands.

When I finally made it home I was pooped and took a long nap. Finally I roused myself and headed to Serina's house for a late night movie with her and Gigi. We chose "The Men Who Stare at Goats" and laughed so hard, it was really funny! Plus it had George Clooney and aside from the eye candy factor, he has turned into a fantastic actor. After the movie Serina and I talked until after 1:00 am, way too late for both of us but something I've missed.

Day 4~Massage used to be a dirty word to me. I just cannot stomach someone I don't know rubbing oil or lotion on my naked body. Ewwww!!! It's just a little too intimate for my taste. And when their hands make their way to my neck, well it's all I can do to not scream out in terror, certain that I will be strangled. (Yes, I have issues.....) So why on God's green earth did I opt for a massage? Well, I was hoping to relax. Too much anxiety in my life lately has taken a toll on my health and I needed to find better ways to cope.

Well, thanks to Groupon.com (check it out, you'll love the deals) I learned about Fijian Barefoot Massage and was able to purchase 2 for the price of 1. Better yet, I could stay clothed and there would be no oil or lotion involved, just a nice lady's feet. Now I know it sounds weird, and I was extremely skeptical, but desperate times call for desperate measures. I entered the dimly lit room and laid on the mat while Jeni cleaned her feet and turned up the ocean waves CD. In no time I was relaxing as she was using her feet to literally walk all over me.

I loved it so much that I booked 2 more sessions, a 90-minute from my boss and the remaining 60-minute massage I had pre-purchased. I can hardly wait for how good I'll feel after!!

Here's the link: http://heelingsole.com/index.html