Pages

Thursday, May 15, 2008

American Idol Addict


Yes. I admit it, I LOVE it. It's my guilty pleasure. ***GO DAVID COOK*** And even though I attend a home group on Tuesdays and a prayer study on Wednesdays I am able to enjoy it thanks to the inventor of TIVO, whose face I will gladly kiss if I ever see it!

I love it the early stages when all of the terrible singers audition. I find myself laughing until I cry at their antics. Of course I also cry for real when some of them are heartbroken because no one has been honest enough to tell them that, no, they really should not sing in public, EVER. I get mad at Simon sometimes, especially when I think he has been unfair, but I have to admit that I prefer his approach to Paula's "nicey-nice" one. At least you know where you stand with him! ***GO DAVID COOK***

Once Hollywood Week begins I lose interest pretty fast, I don't think it's possible for me to care any less about the silly dramas that unfold between highly emotional contestants. I just want to see and hear people sing! ***GO DAVID COOK*** Ah, but once they narrow down the playing field to 24 I find myself drawn back into the frenzy. I watch every performance and listen to every note as if my personal future is at stake. This year I chose my favorite early. ***GO DAVID COOK*** A young rocker with the ability to make me like a Dolly Parton song about a sparrow - THAT takes talent. When he sang "Music of the Night" and "The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face" I was swooning. And, when he redid "Billie Jean" by Michael Jackson, and made it amazingly cool, I nearly wept.

This week will mark the finale, and since it begins on Tuesday I will be conspicuously absent from home group (sorry HG, some things just need to be seen live!) ***GO DAVID COOK*** And, thanks to some scheduling conflicts my prayer group will meet on Thursday relieving me of the guilt I would feel when choosing to watch a television show over devoting myself to prayer... ***GO DAVID COOK***

In case you're not sure who I'm voting for, I will close with the following:
GO DAVID COOK!
DAVID COOK ROCKS!
GO DAVID COOK!
DAVID COOK ROCKS!

Check out these performances if you don't believe me!


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dMZ97pNilI - "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_aiawC-9aM - "Billie Jean"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHo5I811n0k - "Hello"