Pages

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Diary of a Staycation~Day 2

Day 2~Ah sleep. Thanks to our busy day on Friday Zeus was tired and slept in until 9:00 am on Saturday. I was one VERY happy dog owner!!!! The rest of the day was filled with naps, movies and a short walk before I began getting ready for my birthday party.

Now I will be honest and admit that after weeks of anticipation, I was more than a little nervous, mostly because I find it so awkward to be the center of attention. Gives me the heebie-geebies. So as dorky as it was I actually prayed that I could relax and enjoy the night. And I was able to, with the help of three of Lane's lemon drops! ☺

But I really had no reason to worry because FOR THE RECORD: I have the BEST friends in the entire world. Stephanie and Serina poured their hearts and souls into throwing me a small, intimate 40th birthday party that I would never forget. I was humbled by all of the time, energy and money they spent on me!

Persian food, gorgeous flower arrangements, an Eiffel Tower cake (well, sort of!), a DVD chronicling my life, a surprise phone call with Laurie who got up at 2:00 am German time to talk to me (!), an "Archeology Game" geared to see how well everyone knew me, and a phone-a-friend call to Rhonda to verify the answer. It was special, it was fun and I was overwhelmed with love from people who have known me 20 years to those who have only known me a few.

Thank you to ALL of my friends, even those who were not at my party. My life is richer because of my friendships. I've learned how to love better, judge less and enjoy more because of you. Thank you, thank you, thank you for allowing me to be a part of your lives!!! I LOVE YOU!!!