Pages

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Diary of a Staycation~Day 1

I always thought I'd celebrate my 40th birthday in Europe, but as is the case with most of my dreams, it was not meant to be. No exotic vacation in a foreign locale. Nope, instead last Friday I began an extended "staycation" with the goal of resting, relaxing and healing this suddenly old body!

So here are some of the things that have been keeping me busy:

Day 1 ~ I did not accomplish any of my stated goals. I was on the move early and after dropping Zeus off at my parents' house I took my car in for a 4-hour oil change/recall repair. The dealer rented a car for me so I could run my errands, but would only rent another Toyota. Would you believe that the Enterprise Rental Car next door was fresh out of Toyotas? ☺ But not to worry, the chatty clerk located a Toyota on WW White and proceeded to drive me to that location to pick up the car.

As I drove off in my rented Corolla I promptly.........got lost. Surprise, surprise! For those of you as unfamiliar with the area as I, let's just say that it's not exactly welcoming. In fact, it can be downright scary, especially if you get lost. I was almost downtown before I realized that I was headed the wrong way. But I didn't panic, I'm so used to getting lost that I've trained myself to laugh, turn up the radio and turn the car around!

After finding my way I refinanced my car before paying the nice lady at Forum Nails to change my toenail polish.
Next I ended up at the mall, purchased some new clothes and spontaneously decided to get my face "threaded". If you've never seen it, check out this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jnd83vwhUA0 To be honest it hurt terribly, but my face is now as smooth as a baby's bottom and my eyebrows look smokin' hot. Okay, not really, but they do look groomed, which is better than how they looked before!

I wrapped up my day by eating some pretty bad Chinese food at the mall and picking up my newly serviced and repaired Camry. (So happy I bought the Camry instead of the Corolla!) I arrived at my parents' house to a very excited puppy and hung out with my nephews before we made a dinner delivery to my dad who was working late at the park.

It was after dark when I arrived home and although I didn't exactly rest or relax, I did accomplish a lot of "business" which freed me up to
enjoy the next 11 days. It was fun to see my family and hang out with my talkative nephew (the older one is too cool to talk to me for long), all in all it was a productive day and my dog was so tired he went right to sleep when we got home!