Pages

Friday, November 7, 2008

Showerhead Bliss

Ahhh, I'm in heaven. After months of ongoing showerhead trauma I finally did it, I broke down and bought a new one. Yes, I know I could have called the landlord, Ray, but I'm pretty sure he would have just tried to fix the old one, he's cheap that way. Plus, I have "space" issues, meaning I don't like the maintenance man in my space - EVER. So, I decided that daily bliss from a shiny, new showerhead was a great return on a $20 investment. You know what? I was right. I'm MUCH happier now because the spray is steady and the temperature is just right, and I can even adjust the dial and get a little massage, which is F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S after a hard workout! And not to be TOO geeky, but it is Eco-friendly and has a nifty little button that lets me turn off the flow while I'm washing my hair, THAT makes me feel better about taking long showers. (Hey, with my hair it can take 10 minutes just to rinse!)

Now it's on to more pressing matters like the peeling paint in the tub. You see, before I moved in Ray had the tub and sinks "refinished". The sinks have held up fairly well, but not so the tub. It's truly one of the worst refinishing jobs I've ever seen, not that I've really ever seen any refinishing jobs, but I'm just sayin'..... Anyway, the first time I took a bath the paint started bubbling. The next time it started peeling. So can you guess what I have been doing for the past 18 months? Yep, I've been peeling paint every time I take a bath. It's actually cathartic in some ways, kind of like when I peel my skin after a sunburn.... I challenge myself to peel a longer strip each time, and I'm happy to report that I've almost completed the job. All of my hard work has revealed a shiny tub underneath. I can't even figure out WHY the tub was refinished to begin with, but I'm really hoping it had nothing to do with lead or anything toxic! He could have invested that money into replacing the disgusting carpet or feeble dishwasher. But no, he decided to refinish a perfectly good bathtub, which means I get to explain to houseguests why it's partially unfinished now, thus implicating myself in the peeling process...... Thanks Ray.