Pages

Friday, April 9, 2010

Diary of a Staycation~Days 10, 11 & 12

Day 10~Ah, food poisoning, what a lovely way to celebrate the resurrection of Christ. Apparently the French Onion dip the boys and I shared on Friday and Saturday was included in a recall due to Salmonella contamination. Lovely. I'll spare you the details. Needless to say, I skipped church. By the time I arrived at my parent's house with Aunt Myrtle I was feeling somewhat better and decided to partake in lunch with family and friends. Really bad idea. Again, I'll spare you the details. You're welcome.

Despite my GI issues, we had a nice time celebrating Easter with some extra guests, Zach, Serina, Cameron and my mom's friend Erin and her dog Oliver. Following are a few snapshots from our celebration.

Cameron, Zachary and my dad riding in the electric truck:



Cascarone fight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



After the festivities, Bethany came home with me to spend the night and watch a movie, she naively thought I just had a case of gas. Ha! Poor thing, she tried to play nursemaid in between her texting as I lay on the couch moaning. We did manage to squeeze in a movie, Sherlock Holmes, but then I was spent and had to go to bed. I'm pretty sure she was up all night texting, but that's par for the course since her cell phone was surgically implanted into her hand on her 14th birthday..... I didn't feel too sorry for her because she got what she wanted, but my lips are sealed as to what that was! Let's just say I'm a very cool, good aunt. ;-)

Day 11~I was still sick so after taking Bethany home I canceled my planned trip to Clay Casa with Kaitlyn and went right back to bed. Eventually I got up and drove to get my massage (the birthday gift from my boss) and I'm glad I did because I actually felt better after. And guess what? I let her spend about 30 minutes working on my neck!!! That was a small victory for me and even though she said I was extremely tense it felt so good to have someone work on those 40-year-old knots. I'm considering a part time job so that I can afford regular massages, it's addictive!

Day 12~Another day of nothing. Sleep, movies, reruns of Home Improvement, Everybody Loves Raymond
, Friends, Seinfeld. It felt good to be really, really lazy. Staycations rock!