Pages

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I'm Voting For.....

Did you REALLY think I would tell you who I'm voting for??? Silly, silly, silly. I'm not that stupid, some of you know where I live! Honestly, I've avoided writing about politics because to be honest I've been bored this election year. Yes, I know, I know, "this is the most important election of our time", but aren't they all?? Most of our current problems can be directly linked to decisions made long ago in administrations far, far away, rendering those seemingly "less important" elections as pretty significant now.

And yet, I'm still bored. I decided early in the year who would win my vote, so the smears, campaign promises and "politics as usual" just don't interest me. I simply don't have the stomach to watch. Nor do I have the stomach to argue about who I'm voting for and why I should choose the other candidate. And enough with the steaming bowls of guilt, I won't eat it so you can quit serving it. How I vote is really just between God, me.....and the electronic voting machine.

Throughout this entire process, the one thing that has not bored me has been the political parodies on Saturday Night Live. Watching Sarah Palin was hysterical, and her husband dancing around in a moose costume? Priceless. At least they can laugh at themselves while they look at Russia from their porch..... Of course the Hilary and Obama impressions were pretty funny too. SNL is at it's best during an election year.

This election year presents a tough choice for people who don't cast their vote based on 2 issues or along party lines. For me it is not as cut and dried as it is for many of my friends. Do I really want a lifetime senator in the White House? Or a woman who uses terms like "Joe six-pack" and "you betcha"? Um, no. Good ole' boys and girls terrify me. But can I really believe in the "candidate of change" who picks a VP from the old guard, a VP with more years in the Senate than almost anyone? No change there...



So I say:

He would definitely shake things up!
(If you have no idea who Pedro is use "Google" to figure it out!)