Pages

Sunday, February 3, 2008

Technologically Challenged

I have a confession to make - I am technologically challenged. Sad but true. Instant messaging confuses me and requires me to think and then respond way too quickly. And believe it or not I have NEVER sent a text message and can barely decipher all of those mysterious codes. YGTBKM if you think I am going to waste time guessing what all of those weird abbreviations mean. FCOL, it's worse than trying to decipher a license plate, IYKWIM.

AFAIK Y2K refers to the "catastrophe" that we "narrowly" avoided on 12/31/1999; AIR is something I breathe; ATM is a cash machine; BIB is for babies and other messy eaters; CB is a car-to-car radio system that pre-dates cell phones (sadly, one of my nicknames was "Candy Bar"); CYA is something I do everyday at work......; and WC is a bathroom in Europe!

Worse still, I have managed to mess up my blog settings. Now everytime I login I am greeted in Czech. It took me awhile to figure out that Přihlásit se is where I type my name and password. I still haven't figured out what Vytvořit blog or Upozorněte aplikaci Blogger na závadný obsah na této stránce means..... I can't tell you how much I wish I had kept up my Czech lessons. Being able to say hello and goodbye and knowing how to ask for directions to the metro are not helping me right now.....

Tomorrow when my brain is not overwhelmed with secret "codes" I'll spend some time trying to fix my settings. For now I'm going to bed because I'm suddenly very, very tired......so as they say in Czech, Na shledanou!